Jump To Navigation
Modification of Child Support - Is it Time?

Tough times are faced by many who are paying hefty child support each month. In times of trouble you may ask how do you change/modify a child support order?

Here is a brief and general list of reasons to modify a Child Support order:

•· A significant decrease or increase in either parents earnings

•· A change in custody or the amount of time the child spends with each parent

•· Loss of job (not quitting)

•· Becoming Disabled

If you do not contact the Child Support Agency and unless the order is modified, unpaid child support plus interest will generally still be owed.

Either parent may ask for a change in child support, and if the child support agency (DCSS) is shown the modification requirements have been met, and a change is appropriate they will ask the court to modify the child support order.

How can we help?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Office Locations

10367 Hole Avenue Riverside, CA 92505
Toll Free: 888-513-5924 Phone: 951-643-8541
E-Mail | Map & Directions